After the strangest and, for the world, saddest of times, Saltwater Safari is looking forward to getting back in the water with you, our customers.
As of 1st June 2020, following guidelines issued by the Government and the National Governing Body Surfing England, we are allowed to deliver activities for small groups of up to 5 people.
We will continue to:
- Specialise in delivering Surf coaching, Coasteering, SUP and SLSGB Awards for small private groups of family and friends and not combine groups. (household bubbles in COVID speak)
- Run the sessions Just For You at a time which suits you, the tides and surf conditions on the day.
- Disinfect & thoroughly dry wetsuits, buoyancy aids and helmets after every session.
- Manage your safety (and that of your instructor) whilst helping you to have fun, learn new skills and face new challenges.
- Follow the guidelines and best practice outlined by the national governing body’s for each activity we deliver: Surfing England (surf), ASI (SUP), NCC (Coasteering), SLSGB (Awards)
We will now:
- Adhere to social distancing guidelines, currently 2 metres*.
- Not be able to shake your hand at the start and end of your activity
- Wash hands / apply hand sanitiser before and after each session and ask you to do the same
- Disinfect Surf and SUP Boards & Paddles with marine friendly disinfectant after every session
- Be happy for you to use your own kit on condition that it is well maintained and suitable for the activity and conditions on the day. You can of course borrow our kit.
- Contact you if we develop signs or symptoms up to 48 hours after your session.
*NB: On occasions, e.g. where assistance is required, it may be necessary for your instructor to be closer than 2m;
government guidelines for when it is not possible to maintain social distancing are to avoid being face-to-face and keep the time inside the 2m zone to a minimum.
We need you to:
- Remember to wash your hands / apply hand sanitiser at the start and end of a session.
- Arrive a few minutes early as kitting up & session paperwork might take longer
- Bring a bag to keep your things in if you need to store them in our van / trailer
- Put borrowed kit in the bucket at the end of your session
- Be mindful of other surfers / people in the water / on the beach and local communities
- Follow social distancing guidelines in and out of the water.
- Cancel your session if you / a member of your household develops signs / syptoms of COVID19 or if you are required to self-isolate
- Contact us if you develop signs or symptoms up to 48 hours after your session
- And of course…… Have Fun, Learn New Skills and Face New Challenges!